Thursday, May 17, 2007

Goodbye, PCA!

Where does the time go? Nine months ago I wrote a blog entry about the new school year beginning and now it has come to an end. Today was the last day of school as well as the kindergarten graduation (sooo cute) and senior graduation. I remember my high school graduation. I cannot believe it's been 9 years ago! Ugh...I'm getting old.

Another school year down.

This was my fourth year teaching high school Spanish, but I must say, this was my most enjoyable year teaching. I know some people have had bad experiences teaching in private schools, but I loved it. Having small classes made it conducive for better instruction and I had an opportunity to really get to know my students on an individual level. So sweet, those kids!

Any teacher knows we don't do it for the money. Amen? We do it because we love children, we love learning, and we desire to enlighten hope in each our students' lives. But, sometimes it is discouraging, draining. I become doubtful if I am reaching them. My only prayer this year teaching in an all Christian context was to be available for my students in any way they needed me; for my students to see just a glimpse of Christ in me. Many days I left not knowing what they saw...But these last couple of days the cards, hugs, words of gratitude, and smiles made it all worthwhile. It really touched me and ministered to me. Jesus, they actually saw You--in me!

What a God we serve who desires to use us, empty, broken vessels to minister His grace and lovingkindness to others.

I bid my dear students and co-workers farewell. I won't be returning to PCA next year, but I leave with fond memories, a greater love for God, and giving thanks and praise to God for allowing me to minister to others for His name's sake.


Jesus grew in wisdom and in stature among God and men.

Luke 2:52

No comments: