Monday, May 07, 2007

Start Compiling your Summer Reading List!

The dog days of summer call for reading lots of great books! I don't know about you, but I love to get some extra leisure reading in. I wanted to share a couple of books with you I have read to perhaps add to your reading list:



Rumors of another World, by Phillip Yancey




This is a great, great, great read! It includes the author's thoughts of how clues from this world speak of another world beyond what we see. If we are not careful, we will miss those clues, and in essence miss the beauty, mystery, and enjoyment of God. I read it this semester in my Eschatology class & it may be one of the best books I've read in a while. I highly recommend it!

Spirit of the Rainforest, by Mark Ritchie


Intriguing, suspenseful, and eye opening! This book will leave you amazed at the depth of the Father's heart to reach all peoples and all nations with the Gospel. This book is by a sociologist who travels into the Amazonian jungle and observes the culture of the indigenous people. I read this in my Anthropology class last semester.

Books I plan on reading this summer:



Blue Like Jazz, by Donald Miller


Sacred Marriage, by Gary Thomas




I'll let you know here on my blog how they turn out. What about you? What books have you read lately that you enjoyed or what do you plan on reading this summer?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All four of your books look interesting. I like to read inspirational biographies or autobiographies. It is amazing
to see how God works his wonder in people everyday.

Lyn-z said...

what do you like to read?