Monday, May 14, 2007

Migraines, Mother's Day, & Movies


What a weekend! Sometimes I feel like I work harder during the weekend than I do during the week. I truly need a Sabbath rest! But that's a whole other blog entry I'll save for later! First, let me share with you all about my weekend.

My sweet boyfriend has been suffering from headaches for about 9 months now. He finally said, "Enough is enough," and went to the emergency room on Saturday in Louisiana (he was there visiting his mother for mother's day weekend). The doctor has diagnosed him with migraines...I feel so bad for him. I'm just glad that he got a prescription, and now he doesn't have to suffer anymore. The doctor gave him a shot and my boyfriend said that was the best sleep he had ever gotten! I envy him! :) We all need to slow down and listen to our bodies. They were only meant to do so much. So, sweetie if you are reading, take it easy! I was very sad I was not there with him, but I'm glad he at least had his mother there with him.
Another Mother's Day has gone by! Yesterday morning my mom was looking through an old scrapbook I made her. I made her a homemade card this year. Funny how many years after pre-school I am still making her gifts! Remember those days when you would do a finger painting picture for your mom? My mom says gifts that are handmade are the best. I agree!

What a blessing mother's are. I truly think parenting is the hardest job on the planet, but also it is probably the most fulfilling! Yesterday I found myself longing for the day to be a mother. One day, Lord...
My mom and I also went to see the movie Georgia Rule starring Jane Fonda, Felicity Huffman, and Lindsay Lohan. Let's just say it is not appropriate for a young audience. It is rated R. I wish I would have done some more research before I went to see it. The story line was good, but there was a lot of profanity, sexual innuendo, and lewdness. I felt like I needed to repent after watching it! Not to mention it was kind of embarrasing watching it with my mom...
If you can get past all of that, it is a good movie with a good story. It painfully, but beautifully tells the story of the tension between three generations of women--a grandmother, a mother, and a daughter. Indeed the dynamics of all of these relationships do pass down from generation to generation, for good or bad. I know that is true in my family. The movie depicted the reality of our depravity and how sin and brokenness effects people in our family who may or may not even be born yet. It was another reminder how every family has its issues...
I am grateful for a Savior who desires to redeem our families' dysfunction!
All in all, it turned out to be a good weekend, despite my boyfriend's migraines, a happy mother's day for my mom, and a reminder of God's blessing of family at the movies.

No comments: