Thursday, December 18, 2008
- We listed all debt from the least amount to the greatest amount, and began paying off our debt from the smallest debt owed and worked our way up to the top.
- Double up on payments when possible
- We made a budget everytime we got paid, allocating every single penny, being careful not to wastefully spend
- Remain faithful in paying your tithes....it will stretch your faith, but God is faithful to provide all your needs! We promise!
- Try to tithe to yourself as well. This is called the 10-10-80 method (tithe church 10%, yourself 10%, and pay bills & living expenses off the 80% left)
It doesn't matter how much or how little you make, God wants us to be faithful stewards with what He has given us. Our goal for 2009 is to save more money and give more money. As we pay off the debts, we are able to give to ministries, family, missionaries, etc. In the book of Acts, the first Christians went without a need in the Body. Wouldn't it be nice if we got back to that philosophy of giving?
So, what are you waiting for? Do you have the faith to give over your finances to the Lord? Ask for the Lord's wisdom in this matter. I trust He will speak! I leave you with this verse I read just this morning during my quiet time with the Lord:
"Of what use is money in the hand of a fool, since he has no desire to get wisdom?"