Monday, July 17, 2006

A Sunday Afternoon


Yesterday I went to Six Flags over Texas amuesment park. It was a last minute, spontaneous decision to go. The temp here was 105 and for some insane reason I decided to brave the heat and just go!

I must say, I did have fun on the rides, but this morning my body paid for it. I woke up feeling like I had run a marathon...two times in a row! Wow...and I had a killer headache. It really felt like a hangover! What a horrible feeling many subject themselves to every weekend! So, I decided today I am just way too old for Six Flags!

Despite the extreme heat and a Six Flags hangover, it was the company of good friends which made the trip worth while.

Friends, indeed are a blessing we should not take for granted. It is when we can look outside of the discomfort of our circumstances we can find joy there. Believe me, the heat was miserable yesterday, but at least I was there with friends who love me and care for me. Even in the midst of the heat, we had a good time and were able to laugh our heads off!

No comments: