Monday, December 05, 2005

Lord of the Ring

Well, my friends, it has now been over two weeks, and the ringing in my ear unfortunately is still occuring. I'm not sure what the problem is. The medication did not stop the ringing. My ear does not hurt, and I have not lost any hearing in my ear. Through more research I learned that taking ginkgo biloba helps with tinnitus. Maybe that will help, if indeed tinnitus is what I am suffering from. The other night when I was studying in the silence it seemed like it was a freight train running through my head. Out of my frustration I prayed, "Lord, take this away!!!!" As I sat there reading, God whispered to me,

"I am Lord of the ring!"


I couldn't help but to smile and chuckle to myself. Then I thought about how much truth there is in that statement. When God told Moses to go to Pharoah, He told them, "Tell them I am that I am sent you."

God is the Great I AM. He is whatever you need Him to be.

You need healing? He is the Great Physician.

You need a friend? He is a friend that sticks closer than a brother.

You need financial breakthrough? He is Jehovah Jireh, My Provider.

You need guidance? He is the Good Shephard.

You need salvation? He is the Way, the Truth, and the Light.

You need sustenance? He is the Bread of Life.

You and I are trusting Him for so many things. Aren't you glad that we serve a God who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly, above all that we ever imagined?

Trust the Great I Am, my friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Continue in prayer that the ringing will go away. Yes, God wears all those hats for believers. Aren't we blessed to know that He is always there?

"I am the Lord that healeth thee."
Exodus 15:26