Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Testing Time


In the day to day intricacies of life, I am finding the Lord sanctifying me. Whether it is sitting in rush hour traffic, standing in long lines, bumping my 'funny bone,' or through relationships. These are all tests, some come in the form of pop-quizzes (like bumping my 'funny bone'), but neveretheless, one thing God is after is the revelation of my character and His work of sanctification in me. Sometimes I pass the tests, and other times I don't.

Now, just what is progressive sanctification?

Progressive sanctification involves human responsiveness to God's Word and the work of the Holy Spirit.

You see, we have a choice to either ignore the prompting of the Holy Spirit or to submit ourselves to it. I believe we serve a God who is in constant pursuit of our hearts in order to grow us toward Christ-likeness. Therefore, He continues to bring along tests or pop-quizzes to reveal to us the areas in which we have not been responsive to God's Word or work of the Holy Spirit.

All day God has been speaking to me in regards to an area where He is desiring to sanctify me. I finally just looked up and said, "Yes, Lord. I will allow you room to do your work." I am encouraged because I realize that God's work of sanctification is ultimately for my eternal glorification. He is preparing me in everything for eternity...even my character! Praise God!

I pray that you too would be encouraged as you experience those testing times from God.

"But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold."

No comments: