Sunday, March 26, 2006

Waiting on Uncle Sam...

If you are like me, once your W2 form came in, you got right on to turbo tax to file your taxes. I put in all of my information, and anxiously waited for my calculations for my tax return. My worst nightmare would be to owe the IRS money...thankfully, Uncle Sam owes me this year. However, my money still has not come in, and Uncle Sam is taking his sweet time, however, I have some bills that are desperately waiting to be paid, and won't be until Uncle Sam has made his delivery to my chekcing account!

Matter of fact, I need to pay the rest of my Spring tuition by April 1 with that money. I felt like breaking out into hives earlier today because that is in a couple of days! But then I remembered something...I am not waiting on Uncle Sam,

I am waiting on the Lord...

You see, everything is spiritual. We should strive to look at all things from a spiritual perspective rather than an earthly one. I believe this is an opportunity for the Lord to teach me many spiritual lessons regarding His character...and maybe even a couple of things about my own character too! (Like how I can be impatient.)

Throughout all of Scripture, especially in the Old Testament, God's lessons to the Israelites were centered around one thing: trust. God repeatedly proved His trustworthiness to them, providing for their every need, even when they did not trust Him. We serve the same God today who is begging for us to do one thing: trust.

So, I'm not waiting on Uncle Sam to deliver my tax refund...

I'm not waiting on some man to declare his undying
love for me and want me to be his wife...

I'm not waiting on someone to hire me and give me the career of my dreams...

I am waiting on the Lord, while He is waiting on me to trust Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that was a very nice post, made my day...thanks!